top of page
Our History

Third Generation

In 1975, Dale Philpott became a partner with his dad Jeff to become the Third-Generation owner.  In 1976, Dale purchased a farm 10 kilometres north of Brooks on the Duchess Highway, where he built a house.  He also subdivided out part of his land for the company with the intent to move the business there.  The enormous job of moving the honey house buildings and business happened in 1979, but was necessary as the Town of Brooks was growing around the honey farm.  (A few years later, the Philpott Court cul-de-sac would be developed where the business once stood, and named in commemoration of that Philpott Honey location.)

In 1982 Dale Philpott bought out his dad’s share to be sole owner of the company.  Dale’s younger brother Randy, worked with him for a few years before starting his own bee business, One Tree Honey.  Dale and his wife Evelyn raised their three children with the love of the honey business.  When Evelyn died in 1995, Dale began the process of selling the company to his two sons and son-in-law.

1965  Dale Philpott - son of Jeffery Philpott

1947     Philpott's Honey being packaged

bottom of page